Lobster PB & J
This is not your kids peanut butter and jelly, but instead a delicious grown up version that makes a fabulous gourmet appetizer. Serve it with Maize Valley Sinfully White and your guests will truly be impressed!
- 3 Medium Red Onions Peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups red wine vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 4 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 10 slices soft sandwich bread
- 3 medium cooked lobster tails, thinly sliced
Combine onions, 4 cup water, sugar and vinegar in pan. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
Place peanuts in a food processor and process until ground, being careful to stop before mixture becomes pasty. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in 3 Tbl. Water, chili-garlic sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and ginger. Set aside.
To assemble, toast bread and cut into fourths. Spread one piece with peanut mixture, top with lobster and onion jam and another slice of toasted bread. Serve immediately.