Honey Rosemary Cherries & Blue Cheese Crostini
From our catering menu, this recipe is a perfect blend of sweet, tart, and salty. Excellent with a glass of Maize Valley Cherry Wine.
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 (12 oz.) package frozen dark, sweet pitted cherries, thawed
- 2 Tbl balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbl honey
- 1/4 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 cups loosely packed arugula
- 16 (1/4 inch thick) ciabatta bread slices, toasted
- 1 (8 oz.) wedge blue cheese, thinly sliced
- Garnish: freshly ground pepper
Sauté shallot in hot oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat for 2—3 minutes or until tender. Add cherries and any liquid in package and next 5 ingredients. Cook, stirring occasionally 8 – 10 minutes or until thickened. Let stand 10 minutes.
Divide arugula among toasted bread slices. Top each with cherry mixture and 1 blue cheese slice. Garnish with fresh ground black pepper.